double sided crafting tape is a double sided sticky tape intended for crafting and decorating. It is usually made of cloth-like or paper-like material with adhesive on both sides and comes in a great variety of colors. You can use it to stick paper together, make layered crafts, add designs to boxes and so on. It can also be used as an alternative to duct tape because it is water resistant, which prevents moisture from damaging or warping your project after you are finished with it.
It can be used for all sorts of crafts, for example:
- Decoration (to make colourful decorations on the walls)
- Making gifts (to stick paper together or to glue pieces of wood together)
- Displaying messages (sticking a note to the wall, sticking a sticker on your cell phone…)
You can use it to write on things as well. This means you can write directly on the tape itself and not have to worry about it peeling off later. A fun thing you can do with this is stick a piece of the tape to a wall and write on it. Once you are done, take it off the wall and keep it as a reminder or ornament, this is good for when you have something important to remember but don’t want anything too big that might just get lost in the clutter.
It is impossible to tear off easily, so you can place your tape exactly where you want it and not worry about having to cut it down afterwards. This means that you will be able to work on it as long as you need to and not have to worry about having enough space to finish or cutting off too much. It also means that the tape will not move, even after the glue has dried, which makes lining up your pieces of paper easier.
Since the glue is already on both sides of the tape, you can just pull off small pieces and stick it anywhere. This makes it useful when you do not want to or are unable to wait for a long time. For example:
- You drop your glasses and they fall in a gap between two chairs, you can place some decorative tape over the edge of each chair so that one end rests on one chair and the other end rests on another chair, then let go of pieces at a time until it reaches your glasses.
- You are going to draw something and you can’t wait for the glue to dry, so you have some decorative tape on hand, you can simply make a small piece of tape that you can use to hold your drawing place while it dries.
When using this in areas where water is likely to happen, such as when adding decorations on the wall or using it as an alternative to duct tape, it is important that the room is dry before putting any paint or glue on the tape. This is because the glue on the tape may cause the paint to come off the wall. If you place paint or glue on it, it is best to keep it on a piece of paper, that way if any falls off, you can remove it from the paper and not worry about any getting on your walls or furniture.
You can also get different shapes and textures for your tape such as glittery or bumpy, which is great for decorating things like boxes in a creative way. You can also get it for special occasions such as Halloween or Christmas.